Villa La Jolla Park, Sept. 30

phil Pryde

        I birded at Villa La Jolla Park today (Sept. 30), from 7:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.;  several other birders were there, but the Grace’s Warbler was not seen during the time I was at the park.
        However, between about 9:00 and 9:10 the previously reported Red-naped Sapsucker (Sept. 28) was observed and photographed by about 4 of us in the tallest of the two large eucs near the road in the NW corner if the park.  It seemed to match up well with Sibley’s (and others) depiction of a female Red-naped (it had both red and white in its chin area).
        Phil Pryde