San Dieguito Monthly bird count - Sunday July 9th.

Jayne Lesley

The July 2017 San Dieguito monthly bird count is postponed to the second Sunday - July 9th. This is because of the SD Count Fair, which continues through the first weekend of July, with horrible traffic.

Everyone is welcome - interested, beginners, experienced birders.

We will meet at the usual time and place: 7:30 AM at the south end of San Andres. (Turn right/south off of Via De La Valle east of I5. San Andres dead ends at the San Dieguito Lagoon.) We coordinate with park rangers to provide vests and access for the restricted areas. We'll divide into five groups to count the different areas.

We gather to tally our results at noon at the Del Mar Public Works parking lot/picnic tables.

Hope to see you next Sunday for another great day of birding,

Jayne Lesley (cell phone: 858-663-6568)