Birders needed! San Dieguito Monthly Bird Count- Sunday, June 4th

Jayne Lesley

San Dieguito Monthly Bird Count - next Sunday, June 4th

This  is a reminder that the May 2017 San Dieguito Lagoon monthly bird count is next Sunday, May 7th.  We need volunteer birders to help with our ongoing survey of bird populations at the San Dieguito Lagoon restoration project.  Everyone is welcome!

We will meet at 7:30 AM at the south end of San Andres Dr. (Turn right/south off of Via de la Valle when heading east from Hwy 5.  San Andres dead ends at the lagoon).  We divide into groups to count 5 areas, and coordinate with park rangers to provide vests and access for restricted areas.

We. gather to tally our results at noon at the Del Mar Public Works parking lot/picnic tables.  (Turn west off of Jimmy Durante Rd. just south of the Fairgrounds and bridge crossing the San Dieguito River.) Bring water and a snack or lunch.

Hope to see you next Sunday at the count!

Jayne Lesley  (cell phone: 858-663-6568)  (e-mail: jaynelesley@...)