Mission Trails Regional Park: Sunday AM

Catherine Zinsky

Arrived at sunrise and found the grasslands and dam area very birdy.  Highlights were:
Blue Grosbeak
Grasshopper Sparrow
Lazuli Bunting
A Greater Road-runner that was so close when I turned from photographing a Yellow-breasted Chat, that it startled me and my gasp sent it off.   All the same, it hopped back up on the fence and posed.  I had to keep backing up to ultimately get a full photo of it.  Quite fun!
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Costa's Hummingbird
Black-chinned Hummingbird
Bell's Vireo

Sadly, except for the two hours at MTRP this morning, am engaged the rest of today and simply can't get to Robb Field to see the Wagtail.  Should anyone see it tomorrow, will you please post. Thanks.

--
Waggin' tails,

Catherine

Author of "Attitude + Attention =Teamwork!
                           Seven Steps to Success"
Available thru www.gettoready.net

Competitive Obedience Toolbox: www.gettoready.net

Ch Borderfame Soul Train UDX, OM ('Kellan the Felon' a.k.a. 'Sir Barkalot')
OTCH Sporting Fields Summer Solstice, UDX 9, OGM ("Dax", as in "Dax of the Long Tongue" aka 'Sir Lickalot'))
Ch. OTCH Sporting Field's Quantum Leap UDX2, OM4  ('Devon' as in 'Devon the Usurper'  aka "Monkey")
Ch. OTCH Trumagik Step Aside, UDX 20, OGM   (2002 - 2015)
Shorewind Spellbound's Dragon Rider  ("Echo")