Ramona Grasslands and Safari Park

Catherine Zinsky

Birded along the Ramona grasslands on our way  to Safari Park this morning.  Nicest find were two Bald Eagles by the lake.  Lots of Meadowlark and flocks of blackbirds (both Red-shouldered and Tri-colored), little else.

The African  section at Safari Park has had a lot of shrubbery removed.  There were not as many trees being nested in as I have seen in the past.  Still, a few had Snowy Egrets roosting, as well as Cattle Egret and White-faced Ibis.  Saw one lone Costa's Hummingbird in the Cactus Garden.

--
Waggin' tails,

Catherine

Author of "Attitude + Attention =Teamwork!
                           Seven Steps to Success"
Available thru www.gettoready.net

Competitive Obedience Toolbox: www.gettoready.net

Ch Borderfame Soul Train UDX, OM ('Kellan the Felon' a.k.a. 'Sir Barkalot')
OTCH Sporting Fields Summer Solstice, UDX 9, OGM ("Dax", as in "Dax of the Long Tongue" aka 'Sir Lickalot'))
Ch. OTCH Sporting Field's Quantum Leap UDX2, OM4  ('Devon' as in 'Devon the Usurper'  aka "Monkey")
Ch. OTCH Trumagik Step Aside, UDX 20, OGM   (2002 - 2015)
Shorewind Spellbound's Dragon Rider  ("Echo")