Nice morning at Mission Trails

Vic Warren

Laurel and I spent this morning at Mission Trails. It was perfect weather and not overly crowded, even though it was Easter. Our main highlight was a Grasshopper Sparrow in the Grasslands.It was sitting up on a clump of broom and singing happily. We watched it for about 15 minutes. Beautiful little bird. Down the hill from the Grasslands, we saw a Greater Roadrunner, the first one we've ever seen at Mission Trails. We also got a Western Wood Pewee and an Ash-throated Flycatcher There were lots of wrens and Nuttall's Woodpeckers around, but very few warblers. Surprisingly, several Orange-crowned and NO Yellow-rumps!

Good birding,

Vic Warren and Laurel Scott

Mission Valley