Re: ID help please...

Nancy Christensen

Pin-tailed Wydah

Nancy Christensen
Ramona

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Chinese Proverb

On Apr 16, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Catherine Zinsky Catherine.Zinsky@... [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply@...> wrote:

Started at the La Jolla Cove area where I saw one Back Oystercatcher and one Wandering Tatler, then did visited some friends before venturing back into East County, stopping at Lindo Lake for a short walk around the shallower lake on the East side.  Nothing extraordinary except for one finch-like bird that has me totally buffaloed.  It's probably an escapee, but...ya never know.  Any help with the identification of this bird would be most appreciated.  I have posted four photos on my flicker account:

Thanks so much for any and all help.  Happy Spring!

--
Waggin' tails,

Catherine

Author of "Attitude + Attention =Teamwork!
                           Seven Steps to Success"
Available thru www.gettoready.net

Competitive Obedience Toolbox: www.gettoready.net

Ch Borderfame Soul Train UDX, OM ('Kellan the Felon' a.k.a. 'Sir Barkalot')
OTCH Sporting Fields Summer Solstice, UDX 9, OGM ("Dax", as in "Dax of the Long Tongue" aka 'Sir Lickalot'))
Ch. OTCH Sporting Field's Quantum Leap UDX2, OM4  ('Devon' as in 'Devon the Usurper'  aka "Monkey")
Ch. OTCH Trumagik Step Aside, UDX 20, OGM   (2002 - 2015)
Shorewind Spellbound's Dragon Rider  ("Echo")