White-throated Sparrow; Carlsbad, 17 Dec2016

Tito Gonzalez

I found a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW this morning, 17 Dec 2016 at the apartment complex off and north of  Buttercup Road in Carlsbad. The bird was foraging in the shrubs around the building just west of parking lot that is accessed from Buttercup drive between Seascape and Carnation Drives. I observed it on both north and west edges of building. This location is within 50 yards of where I observed the same species last winter. This bird is brighter than last year’s bird. Perhaps it is the same individual?  A photo is found in ebird report.

Tito Gonzalez

Carlsbad, CA