Chestnut-sided Warbler; Carlsbad, 26 Nov 2016

Tito Gonzalez

I observed and photographed a CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER this morning in Carlsbad, 26 Nov 2016. The specific location is on Corte Del Abeto about 100-130 yards from Camino Vida Roble intersection (~40% up the block). The bird was foraging in the Eucs on both sides of the street. When viewing the bird with Camino Vida Roble at my back I could see building #6352 on the right side of the street and #5351 on the left side of the street.  On the left side, the Eucs are just past the green utility boxes next to the street. The trees are isolated and in single file, which facilitated tracking the bird as it moved around. I first saw the bird  at 9:30  AM and it is was still there when I left. The bird did show a chestnut stripe on the flanks. Photos are included in my E-bird report.

Tito Gonzalez,

Carlsbad,  CA