Re: Franklin's Gull

Lisa Ruby

If Project Wildlife can't help with this, what about Sea World? Do they rescue/rehab gulls?

Lisa Ruby
Sabre Springs

On 11/23/2016 6:09 PM, 'Mel Senac ' msenac@... [SanDiegoRegionBirding] wrote:
�

Continuing ( albeit intermittent) first winter gull first found by Paul Lehman and then Steve Ritt . It was re-found this evening standing and not moving( despite bicyclists zooming by within 10 ft)) �at the last grass patch at the west end of Quivira Way at 4:30 PM . This spot and time ( just before dark ) may be the most reliable for this bird. It is the same spot and time that Steve had it sleeping on Nov 6.

On a side-note, �the gull was alert and did not look sick. I did not see the fish hook but that area where the hook was located is now discolored and I am concerned it has ulcerated or has bled. I will review my photos as well as try and reach Stan Walens as to whether he was able to reach Project Wildlife.

�

Mel Senac

La Jolla