Scissor-tailed Flycatcher Twin Trails Park Area - 7:00-7:20 this evening

Lisa Ruby

Hi,

Terry Hurst and I tried for the Rancho Penasquitos Scissor-tailed Flycatcher this evening and saw it for a period of time starting just after 7:00 pm near the corner of Sundance and Twin Trails Drive. We checked that corner earlier, around 6:15-6:20 or so and didn't see it. Just before we got to the corner another birder/photographer had it in the same tree where Nancy Christensen photographed it last night. He got some very nice photos. I unfortunately, did not. Only got some that are good enough for ID. It did not come back to the tree near the corner during the time we stood there. We had it in a very tall tree that was narrow at the top with sort of sparse leaves in a backyard of a house on Sundance. It was visible from Twin Trails and from Sundance. Sometimes it dropped low and out of sight. Best way I can think of to explain which direction is to go to the corner and on the same side of Twin Trails as the park, and on the side of Sundance that is closest to the park, and look right from Twin Trails, or at the tree near the corner that has a lot of bare snags. Looked like the juveniles were around too. It did call a little bit.

Lisa Ruby
Sabre Springs