Re: Adult Scissor-tailed Flycatcher re-found at 11:15 AM east of Twin Trails Park

Susan Smith

Thanks to Mel Senac, I  and two other birders went straight to the corner of Twin Trails drive and  Sundance Ave and found the adult Scissortail Flycatcher and hybrid young at about 5 pm Saturday July 3p. So grateful to Mel and others for their posts. Sue Smith, Del Mar

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "'Mel Senac Roadrunner' msenac@... [SanDiegoRegionBirding]" <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply@...>
Date: 7/30/16 12:56 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: SanDiegoRegionBirding@...
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Adult Scissor-tailed Flycatcher re-found at 11:15 AM east of Twin Trails Park

Adult Scissor-tailed Flycatcher with 3 hybrids re-found at 11:15 AM on Trail Dust Drive. When I arrived at approximately 7:25 AM the 3 hybrids were present in the park in the tall Eucs near the playground. They quickly disappeared and the adult was not seen. Several birders present but no sightings. On my way home I drove down the side streets just East of the Twin Trails Park. I found the adult and 3 hybrids in a front yard tree on Trail Dust Dr. and were quite active. They then flew one street over to the West. Stayed perhaps 3 minutes and flew back towards the park. According to Guy M. they made a split second appearance at the park but then flew back to the corner of Sundance and Twin Trails Drive. Here they stayed a few minutes allowing several birders good looks and photos.

I would suggest that if you have difficulty in finding the STFC in the park to look along the residential streets East of the park.

Mel Senac

La Jolla

Join SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.