Flurries In The Desert

W Terry Hunefeld

Despite high winds this morning we had a nice flurry of migrant activity here in the Anza Borrego desert valley.

At birder-friendly La Casa Del Zorro I found Black-headed Grosbeaks, Western Tanagers, three species of oriole, 6 Yellow Warblers, 3 Nashville Warblers, 5 Wilson's Warblers and a Black-throated Gray.

The water treatment plant settling ponds revealed no singing vireos--however, the wind was blowing at 20mph with gusts to 45 mph. Clinging to the mesquites were 4 Wilson's Warblers and a Western Tanager.

Terry Hunefeld

Borrego Springs