Why do turkeys cross roads?
Why does Yahoo groups hold a message in queue for 2 hours, then INSTANTLY send it along with the submitted replacement post so that readers see the same post twice and the reporter looks like a dork?
These are the questions we're working on here in the desert, where the winds are forecast to HOWL again tomorrow.
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to
noon PDT Thursday...
* winds... westerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts 45 to 55 mph. Isolated
gusts to 60 mph in the windiest locations.
* Timing... late this afternoon through Thursday morning.
* Location... ridgetops and desert slopes of the mountains in
Riverside and San Diego counties.
* Visibility... locally reduced in blowing dust.
* Impacts... travel locally hazardous.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.