Marston Canyon: Acorn Woodpeckers - 12/8/15

Steve Ritt

A mid-day stop by the Marston House yielded not much but three Acorn Woodpeckers, which I don't think anyone has seen or reported since the two present last winter/spring. Two were at the base of the "Hammond's Fly canyon" (the next small canyon south of the Marston House canyon), and the other was in the canyon just north of the east end of Quince Street. I saw nothing else of note.

One or two Western Tanagers were at the north end of Arroyo Canyon in Bankers Hill, at and above the Spruce Street suspension bridge.

Steve Ritt
San Diego, CA