Re: Injured booby

buck fairbanks

Thanks for that info. I had some prior help getting that info and I'm just leaving their facility. It seems like the bird is in good hands. This experience has reaffirmed my belief in the basic goodness of people. The Oceanside Harbor front desk person who called her friend in the maintenance department. The friend met me at the dock, heard the story, got his coworker and got in their boat and came over to the dock and netted the obviously injured bird. Then they put the bird into one of their pet carriers and handed it off to me, just asking me to return the carrier anytime. The Oceanside Humane dept (and you Andy) led me to the Mission Animal Hospital. And hopefully a happy ending for this minor wildlife saga. I never heard the word "no" throughout the whole deal.
I have better photos of the bird if anyone is interested. I apologize to any birders who hoped to list this bird.

Michael Martin

On Oct 30, 2015, at 1:57 PM, akamauro . <akamauro1@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,
The place to take the injured booby in Oceanside is:

Mission Animal and Bird Hospital
655 Benet Rd (Sp?)
Oceanside

760-433-3763

They will care for it and make sure it gets transferred to the proper facility.

--Andy Mauro

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Stan Walens stan.walens@... [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply@...> wrote:

Buck sent 2 grainy pictures.

This appears to be a first-cycle Masked-like booby.

I know there is an animal rescue organization somewhere in North County, but don't have web access now. Can someone in the know write to him directly.

White back, not horseback. Darn autocorrect.
Stan Walens San Diego

On October 30, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Buck Fairbanks <buckfairbanks@...> wrote:

This bird in now in a pet carrier in the back of my truck. I really would not like to drive to Project Wildlife on a Friday afternoon. Isn't there a booby person to contact?