Coastal ACWO

phil Pryde

There have been a few reports of Acorn Woodpeckers seen in unusual coastal locations, so I thought I would report one more. This morning (Sat.) there was an ACWO working in various trees close to the spot in lower Tecolote Canyon where the Swamp Sparrow was hanging out a year ago (the opposite side of the channel from the path, about 100 yards in from the nature center, near the house with the feeders). This was the lowest elevation (10' above m.s.l.?) and the closest to the coast I've ever seen one. Also, it was a lifer for observing an Acorn Woodpecker in a palm tree!
Phil Pryde