Re: Neotropic Cormorant - Del Mar

Susan Smith

It's the wire over near  the bridge right? I went there just before sunset last night and it was there too, roosting on the wire with 9 DC corms. They perch there mainly morning and late afternoon/evenings. The only problem is the darn Del Mar fair and pre-opening set up activity, but I just looked and they are closed Wednesday! So that is a possibility, and we could check San Elijo afterwards, parking at/near the Nature Center. It is another option. Sue

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/28/22 6:18 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: "King, Dan" <kingdaking519@...>
Cc: SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Neotropic Cormorant - Del Mar

Ok- last reply I will send out ( sorry) but Neotropic Cormorant just flew back in at 6:14 AM after being gone for 5 minutes. On wire adjacent to Del Mar Blue Print Company. Close to Del Mar Public works for those not familiar with the area. 
Mel Senac

On Jun 27, 2022, at 7:05 PM, King, Dan <kingdaking519@...> wrote:

For those who have not yet had enough of Neotropic  Cormorants this year, there was a bird this evening (June 27) perched on the wires along the Jimmy Durante Boulevard bridge over the San Dieguito River near the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Dan King
San Diego

--
Susan Smith
Seiurus Biological Consulting
Del Mar, CA

Join SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.