R Warbler continues

Alison Hiers

I arrived at 8:30 and the RF Warbler was there when I left at 9:15.  When you turn right from Hollister onto Monument Rd. about 100 yds down is a dirt road on the left  that leads into an open area.  The fence is marked Official Vehicles Only but there were many cars parked inside and out.  About 100 feet back from the road is a east-west running line of Tamarisk trees and the warbler was working it's way back and forth in those trees.  It would come out in the open often and down low enough for someone to get amazing photos.  Due to an injury I am birding from my truck but I was able to park parallel with the trees about 50 feet away and get long, clear looks at the warbler almost the entire time without ever getting out.  There are many other birds in this area as well so it is a great place to spend the morning.

Alison Hiers
Carlsbad