Re: Gulls 4/19

Matt Sadowski

...and the west basin of Batiquitos Lagoon off of the Navigator Circle trail produced three alternate-plumaged Cattle Egrets trying to blend with the Elegant Tern flock.

Matt Sadowski

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021, 2:49 PM Geoff Veith <veithlaw@...> wrote:
I stayed at San Elijo until 1:15. Dave Trissel arrived around 1:30. Not sure how long he stayed. No luck. I assume the bird was headed north.

On Apr 19, 2021, at 2:42 PM, Matt Sadowski <mattsadowski78@...> wrote:

A check of Penasquitos and San Dieguito Lagoon mouths did not produce the Franklin's Gull reported earlier at San Elijo. At Penasquitos there were single 1st-cycle Mew and Glaucous-winged Gulls (both very bleached and worn) as well as an adult Herring Gull. The San Dieguito mouth gull flock was uninteresting.

Two Canada Geese at Penasquitos might be summering (attempting to breed?). A pair on south SD Bay has been breeding for a few years now, so far unsuccessfully.

Any word from San Elijo or farther north?

Matt Sadowski