Re: Finch Fiesta

Martha Wild

I bought two of the same feeder so I can clean one while I put up the other.

I had finches last year show up with eye disease. I immediately stopped feeding for about 3 weeks, though I felt bad as it was during nesting season and they were chowing down. It took a long while for the birds to return to the feeder when I put it back up. Hope they found other food sources and their nests didn’t fail. I have read that birds generally don’t rely on just one food source because in the wild there can be different areas that are suddenly rife with food, only to be picked clean after a short time, so they say that birds spend time at other sources and scoping out other places throughout the day as well - hope that’s true

Martha