From: SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io [mailto:SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Trissel
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:14 PM
To: SanDiegoRegionBirding <sandiegoregionbirding@groups.io>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Yellow-billed Cuckoo (DEAD) - Carmel Valley

I came back from birding this morning and found a dead Yellow-billed Cuckoo on my back patio. This is in Carmel Valley. I put the bird on ice and emailed Phil Unitt to see if anyone wants it. Photos can be provided if you email me directly.

Side notes: Robb Field had the Buff-breasted Sandpiper in the field south of the tennis courts at 8:00, in with the Killdeer and Black-bellied Plovers.

The Tricolored Heron, Reddish Egret, and Little Blue Heron were all in the channel at 9:00, with the Tricolored and Little Blue in front of the western ball field. No sign of the Grasshopper Sparrow or Chestnut-collared Longspurs, although admittedly I didn’t really try for them very hard.

David Trissel
San Diego, CA

https://www.avg.com