Re: Famosa Slough, Tricolored heron, etc.

Sara Baase Mayers

     I went to Famosa Slough this morning but did not find the Tricolored Heron.  There was a Yellow-crowned Night-Heron at the north end of the north channel, for a total of six heron/egret species.

Sara Mayers
Point Loma (San Diego)
On 7/28/2020 3:25 PM, Sally M. Gall via groups.io wrote:

Famosa Slough this morning: Not very birdy, but snowy egrets, GBH, two skimmers, one whimbrel, one yellow legs, one black phoebe, one duck in eclipse plumage, a few peeps, a half dozen black-necked stilts, and what Einar and I assume is a juvenile tricolored heron? It was way over on the east side across from the apartments.

Sally M. Gall
La Jolla