assorted rarities 2-26-20

Robert Patton

Yesterday (2-25-20) around 5 pm, I had a calling western tanager in eucalyptus above the driveway gate to the apartment complex along the north side of Tierrasanta Blvd immediately east of the powerlines east of Tambor Rd and the SDGE substation.
This morning, looking SW from J St Marina toward the Chula Vista Wildlife Reserve, Elizabeth Copper and I observed 2 snow geese foraging along the marsh edge of the Reserve, and 2 Canada geese along the upland edge of the Reserve.  The escapee American flamingo was also visible across the bay in Emory Cove.
Also this morning along the drainage immediately south of the Tesoro Grove apartments, north of Nestor Park, we had a male Wilson's warbler feeding in the willows on the east side of the street then in coyote bush and a tangle of sticks just to the NE, and on the west side of the street had a female orchard oriole and female Baltimore oriole silently gleaning on the willow catkins before disappearing off to the east.
Robert Patton
San Diego, CA