Re: Wing Street "No Trespassing" sign

Anthony Fife

So today (02/18/2020) I stopped by wing street canyon (very birdie around 1:30pm) and spoke with residents. Everyone agrees the canyon is city property. I spoke with the owner of the sign and they advised it was to discourage unsafe vehicle traffic (such as unruly off-roaring) from passing through.

One other neighbor actually wanted to tell them to take the sign down...so it’s an on-going dispute.

I walked the canyon nearly in it’s entirety and stoped just before the top of the road. I saw a couple signs of a possible transient in the area, but nothing outrageous.

I also took the time to look at city parcel maps. The maps show the street as a through thoroughfare with private parcels stopping well away from the “road”.

Just an update as we near March/April and people may be heading over there again.

Anthony “TooFly” Fife
La Mesa, Ca