Re: Williamson's Sapsucker continues at Stonewall Mine

terry hurst

Sorry. Let me complete my last sentence. It was a fine PICIDAE day!
Ter-
Terry Hurst
Santee

On Friday, January 31, 2020, 05:40:42 PM PST, terry hurst <thurstycat61@...> wrote:

Hello all,

In regards to Eve’s post although I was able to find and photograph both birds ( Williams Sapsucker and Lewis’s Woodpecker) my photos are not very good but hey I tried.
At least two or maybe even three pairs of Hairy Woodpeckers. One pair at Lake  Cuyamaca and the others at Stonewall Mine. Along with the usual Acorn, and Nuttall’s Woodpeckers plus Northern Flickers it was a fine PICIDAE.

Ter-
Terry Hurst
Santee

On Jan 31, 2020, at 5:23 PM, Eve Martin <eve@...> wrote:

Afternoon!  We saw the female WILLIAMSON's SAPSUCKER at Stonewall Mine in the Cuyamacas this morning, continuing in the pines around the parking lot.  Today we saw it about 9:30am in the sapsucker-drilled pines behind the restroom.  It was last reported and photographed by the talented Ms. Zinsky on Jan. 25 in the pines over by the little museum hut.  At least one LEWIS's WOODPECKER also continues in the pines to the southeast of the restroom.

A few details and a (pretty bad) ID photo on this eBird list.  But Ter showed up later, so... for real photos, seek out her list!

https://ebird.org/checklist/S63974370

~Eve
--
Eve Martin