Los Penesquitos

Anthony Fife

This morning someone by the name of Ryan Pottinger reported a Gray Flycatcher in Los Penequitos Canyon. However looking at the photos I’m curious as to whether it is actually an Eastern Phoebe? I tried to check the San Diego Atlas, but apparently Eastern Phoebe is a bad link.

I would love to see an eastern Phoebe in San Diego, as I have only seen them once before in Spokane, Washington area. Any thought on if this is an eastern or not? Please just message me so everyone doesn’t get bothered by my non-sense.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S62405853

Thank You,

Anthony “TooFly” Fife
La Mesa, Ca