Nestor Park Orioles and Tanagers

Aaron Gyllenhaal

Hi all,

I came to Nestor Park bright and early this morning hoping for some of the orioles and tanagers reported by Paul Lehman a few days ago, and I was not disappointed. At the far north end of the park, I had the female Orchard and Bullock’s Oriole, as well as 2 Western Tanagers and a gorgeous adult male Summer Tanager. All of these birds were moving between the northernmost flowering Eucalyptus and the willows on the other side of the fence. All I had to do was stand still and watch. The Summer Tanager was especially cooperative and allowed some great looks.

Aaron Gyllenhaal
San Diego, CA