Late ATFL?

phil Pryde

    Yesterday (November 1) afternoon, while looking for the earlier-reported Hoody Mergs at Famosa Slough (unsuccessfully), I came across a common but unexpected bird, an Ash-throated Flycatcher.  Thinking they should all be hone by now, I checked the Bird Atlas when I got home, which said “fall migration trails off through October”.  Over the years,a few have been recorded wintering.
    Just wondering, have there been any recent sightings of the bird in November?  Is it just late leaving, or possibly planning to winter over?
    Anyone birding at the Slough in the next few days might keep eye open for it. When I saw it, it was near the bench along the trail on the west side of the Slough, only about 20’ away from me.

Phil Pryde