Both warblers continue... Re: Magnolia, Blackburnian Warblers at Solana Highlands Park

Eve Martin

Hello birders!

Alex's BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER was refound several times today continuing in the tipu grove around the softball park at Solana Highlands Park.  After Sue S. refound it for my husband Rob (now a newly minted rarity chaser ~ thank you, Sue!) and watched it between 9-11:30am, he went back and followed it around from 1-2:30pm and then refound it for me at 5:45pm, this time in the smaller tipu tree just behind home plate.

We'd spotted the MAGNOLIA WARBLER shortly after arriving, around 5:15pm, a much harder bird to see as it moved more quickly and foraged higher in the canopies, and we followed it around the tipu grove, trying unsuccessfully to get a photo, until we were distracted by the appearance of the Blackburnian around 5:45pm.  Both birds were last seen in that small tipu behind home plate.

~Eve
Eve Martin
Del Mar, California