Re: Magnolia, Blackburnian Warblers at Solana Highlands Park

Bruce R

Bruce R <bruce.rosendahl@...>

6:02 PM (12 minutes ago)
to thebuzz90SanDiegoRegionBirdingSanDiegoRegionBirding
Thank you Alex for sending out the email notifying us of the Blackburnian Warbler.  I arrived at Solana Highlands Park around 9:00 a.m. and was able to locate the bird.  It was very active in the Tipu tress in the same location (behind the softball backstop).  Was not able to locate the Magnolia Warbler.  Saw five Townsend Warblers and lots of Yellow-rumped Warblers.  Below is a link to ebird with photos.

Bruce Rosendahl
Rancho Santa Fe, Ca

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 8:55 AM Alex Abela via Groups.Io <thebuzz90=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This morning (10/29) around 8 am there was a very dull, but very confiding BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER in the Tipu Trees behind the softball backstop at Solana Highlands Park.  As I was tracking it low in the trees, a mixed flock of mostly Yellow-rumps moved into the same Tipus, and with them was a MAGNOLIA WARBLER.  I left as traffic to the nearby school picked up, but the park was very birdy this morning and there may be more to find.

Alex Abela
San Diego, CA