Scarlet Tanager, good and very bad news

lehman.paul@verizon.net

At 7:10 a.m. this morning, Monday, I had a female Scarlet Tanager on the Point Loma Nazarene campus next to the two-story parking structure. Unfortunately, it was first flushed by pedestrians and then looked very unsettled and within less than a minute it had changed trees three times and then flew fairly high and last seen as a disappearing speck way to the east into residential Point Loma, seemingly even getting east of Catalina Boulevard, so therefore in the general area of the usual Silvergate neighborhood that birders visit a lot. It could have even gone beyond that. I have no idea. So it is a total needle in a haystack, but if anybody wants to walk those streets and give it a try... That is actually where I am heading right now so will obviously post any positive update.

Paul Lehman, San Diego

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail