Two White-winged Doves in the Cuyamaca Mountains

Robyn Waayers

This morning two White-winged Doves were seen at 4200 feet elevation in the Cuyamaca Mts. They tended to stay together as they perched here and there and foraged on the ground.

I have periodically heard, and occasionally seen a single White-winged Dove in this area (the off-grid community where I live) over the past year-and-a-half, and have been reporting these observations to eBird. This is the first time when TWO birds were seen (and I was lucky enough to get photos of them)!

eBird checklist with photos of the doves here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S60759504

Robyn Waayers
Julian

--