Summer Tanager at San Elijo Lagoon 10/6

Steve Perry

Yesterday both Jayne Lesley and I saw and heard a female summer tanager in the eucalyptus about 200 feet in from La Orilla
 trailhead. I saw it at around 3.45pm and Jayne saw it later that same afternoon. Large pale bill on a green-yellow thrush sized bird, making repeated perchucking and chattering calls. I got a poor video recording of the call which I will add to eBird if I can figure out how to extract sound from a video (tips welcome). It also responded to playback of chattering from the Sibley app

Steve Perry

--
Steve Perry
Solana Beach, CA