Re: Carlsbad Blackpoll Warbler (10/3/19), etc.

Jimmy McMorran

I should add,
Thanks to Char and Marcie for getting off the beaten birders path and finding two Dickcissels!! Nice work, ladies.
Jimmy McMorran
Leucadia, CA.

On Oct 3, 2019, at 6:31 PM, Jimmy McMorran via Groups.Io <Bigshell53@...> wrote:

Hi Birders,
Today there was a Blackpoll Warbler at Stagecoach park in Carlsbad. There is a large Tipu tree just east of the tennis courts that has been producing random western migrants until today when Blackpoll showed up. However, there is lots of different habitats and vegetation within the park, so as many know this park has good potential for anything. Just a reminder to keep checking different spots throughout the County and not just chase or continually visit known traps:)  There are also good birds elsewhere including your local patches. My local patches in Encinitas have been painfully slow, but still checking on a regular basis.It just takes one goody to make it all worth it.

Yesterday (10/2/19) a Tropical Kingbird was randomly vocalizing at Stagecoach Park, but I could never find it. It seemed to be in the eucs up near the housing to the north. A quick trip  eBird list from today with terrible ID shots of Blackpoll is at link below.
Good Birding,
Jimmy McMorran,
Leucadia, CA

--