Topics

Question about the current status of the MeshNet

Looking at the map this morning, it appears that all of the links from node to node are down.
I know that some nodes are in areas that could be troubled by fire or power issues.
I am hoping that many of the nodes are still functioning in the non affected areas.
Maybe the node location that reports to the mapping software to the web is a station that is affected?
And if that is the case, I am wondering if multiple nodes can report to the mapping software?

Brett Popovich KG7GDB

Hi Walt,
From within the mesh network, connected nodes number about 83 currently. The mesh is functioning.

The web-based mesh map comes from the Newberg K9RCP server. It update all its map information from mesh data it collect through regular polling.

Addtionally, the Chehalem Ridge Fire has apparently knocked out power to the K9RCP-Salem Link RF station. If the tunnel goes down in Newberg, the mesh map mirror on the internet will not show connections.

We have lost power to our Silver Falls repeater site, and the power to the Sweet Home hub site has been shut down in case of evacuation.

I encourage people to be ready to use the mesh network, if needed. Please use the mesh chat system to notify the network users if you have information or updates to the network.

Remember, mesh radios can be deployed easily from mobile stations if needed.

-Brett, KG7GDB

Aa Bb

Look at the meshmap on the kk7cat node

73

Allan ki7fwh

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020, 15:13 Walt VanRheen KF7BUV <marsinoregon@...> wrote:
Looking at the map this morning, it appears that all of the links from node to node are down.
I know that some nodes are in areas that could be troubled by fire or power issues.
I am hoping that many of the nodes are still functioning in the non affected areas.
Maybe the node location that reports to the mapping software to the web is a station that is affected?
And if that is the case, I am wondering if multiple nodes can report to the mapping software?

Chris Sorensen

Walt,

It appears that 85 of the approximately 103 nodes are presently up and running.  If you look at the meshmap on KK7CAT it shows the connected nodes.  Green lines are RF,  grey lines are tunnels.

Chris

N7GYL

Florence, OR

Looking at the map this morning, it appears that all of the links from node to node are down.
I know that some nodes are in areas that could be troubled by fire or power issues.
I am hoping that many of the nodes are still functioning in the non affected areas.
Maybe the node location that reports to the mapping software to the web is a station that is affected?
And if that is the case, I am wondering if multiple nodes can report to the mapping software?

thanks for the reply. this morning all green and gray lines was not showing.
they are up now. maybe some redundancy might be in order rather than relying on one mapping source. Good work

The web-based mesh map comes from the Newberg K9RCP server. It update all its map information from mesh data it collect through regular polling.

Addtionally, the Chehalem Ridge Fire has apparently knocked out power to the K9RCP-Salem Link RF station. If the tunnel goes down in Newberg, the mesh map mirror on the internet will not show connections.

We have lost power to our Silver Falls repeater site, and the power to the Sweet Home hub site has been shut down in case of evacuation.

I encourage people to be ready to use the mesh network, if needed. Please use the mesh chat system to notify the network users if you have information or updates to the network.

Remember, mesh radios can be deployed easily from mobile stations if needed.

-Brett, KG7GDB

this morning there was no lines at all, anywhere, I see they are back showing now.

Looking at the map this morning, it appears that all of the links from node to node are down.
I know that some nodes are in areas that could be troubled by fire or power issues.
I am hoping that many of the nodes are still functioning in the non affected areas.
Maybe the node location that reports to the mapping software to the web is a station that is affected?
And if that is the case, I am wondering if multiple nodes can report to the mapping software?

Roger Bury

My tunnel is down because it is set up to connect to KG7BZ.

Anyone know how to change those settings so I can connect into the mesh from my tunnel?

Roger KC7OM