Topics

New 5 Ghz stations installed in West Salem and Silverton #survey #Announcements

Brett Popovich KG7GDB

We are pleased to announce two new 5.8 Ghz station locations on the Willamette Valley Mesh network.
This should allow greater RF coverage into the Salem, Keizer, Silverton, and the valley region North of Salem.
See the mesh map here:
https://willamettevalleymesh.net/map.html

Use the mesh map to explore the new higher elevation access points in West Salem (about 630 feet) and Victor Point (915 feet) just South of Silverton.
The expanded coverage will be found using Channel 180 and 10 Mhz. Use the WiFi scan feature and the ruler tool to get a bearing from your location to find a signal.
Remember, trees, buildings and hills block the microwave signal, so try to find an open area to test the connection first before mounting a mast at your location.

Thanks go to Dan, Terry, Allan, Jerry, and Mike who did the field installation and testing.

If you have questions, reply to this group, or join us on the Mesh Network Discussion Net on Thursdays at 1900-2000 on 145.290.

73,
Brett, KG7GDB

Brett Popovich KG7GDB

W7RGM, Reinar has connected a Nanostation NSM5 from Dallas to the N0TIF sector at Victor Point.

That is 27 miles! He is seeing 12-13 dB SNR and about 6 Mbps. That is an unexpected success for a NSM5 to a sector.

This establishes the first Marion to Polk County RF connection for our Emergency Mesh AREDN network.

Congrats to Reinar!

We need to find Hams in the Dallas area to connect to our Hopewell Sector to the North. Any ideas?

-Brett, KG7GDB