Topics

For any new Hams wishing to install a roof top MESH beam #installation #equipment #beginners #Announcements

Dan Bathurst

Edited

If anyone wishes to order that LDF-5, here is the link to the company we ordered from with quick shipping: https://www.ispsupplies.com/MikroTik-RouterBOARD-LDF-5.
Dan

I have heard many Hams mention they are very interested in our AREDN MESH system. If anyone wishes to try a node at their home, i suggest trying the rooftop version that is based on a TV Satellite receiver station. They are CC&R proof and very high gain.

To sweeten the pot, borrow one from me, complete. If it works for you, reimburse me $50 and I will build another for the next person. Jerry, WA7HSB, and I have purchased several LDF5 radios from ISP Supplies of Texas. They offer a lower price than Amazon, deliver quickly and take care of their customers. Find them at https://www.ispsupplies.com/. For homes away from powerful HF signals, I have low cost CAT6 outdoor cable or prefab cable to test. I will be buying a large roll of shielded CAT6 soon for use near HF signals.

I hope to make another MESH link with one of these mounted on my roof. I will need a helper to secure and position this as I no longer climb roofs. Mine is a single story home. Current weather makes me put off such an installation a few days.

I also offer to test free on sites that are suspected of strong signals, from my Pick-up with hitch arrangement. Brett and I can use mapping programs to help evaluate your location.

We have seen substantial growth in our system lately. This is becoming a popular part of our hobby.

73,
Dan
WA7ABU

Crittenden J Tuttle IV

I'll take you up on that test-to-purchase option. :)

As I am rehabbing, quite well for a 47 year old, from my "dual band" hip replacement, I cannot climb roofs for the time being. However, if I can assist in any way, I would gladly accept the opportunity.

Thanks Dan,

Crittenden (aka Jim) KJ7NUX

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 Dan Bathurst <wa7aburepeater@...> wrote:
I have heard many Hams mention they are very interested in our AREDN MESH system. If anyone wishes to try a node at their home, i suggest trying the rooftop version that is based on a TV Satellite receiver station. They are CC&R proof and very high gain.

To sweeten the pot, borrow one from me, complete. If it works for you, reimburse me $50 and I will build another for the next person. Jerry, WA7HSB, and I have purchased several LDF6 radios from ISP Supplies of Texas. They offer a lower price than Amazon, deliver quickly and take care of their customers. Find them at https://www.ispsupplies.com/. For homes away from powerful HF signals, I have low cost CAT6 outdoor cable or prefab cable to test. I will be buying a large roll of shielded CAT6 soon for use near HF signals.

I hope to make another MESH link with one of these mounted on my roof. I will need a helper to secure and position this as I no longer climb roofs. Mine is a single story home. Current weather makes me put off such an installation a few days.

I also offer to test free on sites that are suspected of strong signals, from my Pick-up with hitch arrangement. Brett and I can use mapping programs to help evaluate your location.

We have seen substantial growth in our system lately. This is becoming a popular part of our hobby.

73,
Dan
WA7ABU

James Hutches

I have a spare dish sitting in my side yard, I would be interested in trying that and seeing if that might work.

James KD5GOB

--
Sent from my Mobile

KI7OEK

All,

For definition of quick, I ordered at 3:07 local time and they shipped same day. 3 business day shipping and 9 dollars cheaper each than Amazon. Solid deal all around. Thanks Dan for the tip!

Jeff

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 12:27 PM Dan Bathurst <wa7aburepeater@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Slight error in model number. I was trying to make this easy with a plug and play unit. I have found installing the firmware takes a bit of experience. (LDF-5 M-5 model, not AC)]