Topics

Commotion Networks "Toolkit" - a nearly complete MESH construction overview

Brett Popovich KG7GDB

Hi Salem MESH Group,
WD7ALE mentioned this Commotion Networks website on the HSMM Net tonight.

I found it to have a nearly complete overview of how to build a community wireless MESH network with separate articles for planning, site surveys, network design, and software development.

This project seems to use the same type of Open source protocols, routers and equipment as we have discussed (e.g. OpenWRT and OSLR using Ubiquity, MicroTic and TPlink). It explains many of the principles and terminology we have been discussing.

As such, the principles outlined in this toolkit apply to the AREDN MESH design, too.

Take a look at this great resource page called the Commotion Construction Kit:

https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/

-Brett
KG7GDB