SPURS Line and weed cutter zinc #362Sabre

James Drinane

I need to install a new zinc on my Spurs A Line and Weed Cutter.  I had intended to use Loc Tite for the screw holding the zinc to prevent it from working itself loose from vibration etc.  However in reading Spurs’ instructions they specifically say not to use Loc Tite below the waterline in salt water as it could absorb water and hasten corrosion to the unit.  Rather they suggested using Tef-Gel, although this appears to me to be a “corrosion eliminator and anti-seize lubricant” but does not appear to be used to prevent bolts from working loose.  Any thoughts?

Michael Grishman

We have had Spurs on our 2002 402 since new and have never had the screw holding the zinc loosen up.  I think it's a non-issue.
Michael
Wind Walker
S402-097

On 4/13/2020 12:41 AM, James Drinane wrote:
I need to install a new zinc on my Spurs A Line and Weed Cutter.  I had intended to use Loc Tite for the screw holding the zinc to prevent it from working itself loose from vibration etc.  However in reading Spurs’ instructions they specifically say not to use Loc Tite below the waterline in salt water as it could absorb water and hasten corrosion to the unit.  Rather they suggested using Tef-Gel, although this appears to me to be a “corrosion eliminator and anti-seize lubricant” but does not appear to be used to prevent bolts from working loose.  Any thoughts?

Wrtiverton

I’ve been using spurs on my Sabre 38mkii for 5 years and never had a problem. Non issue.