SWITDR@groups.ioSouthwest Idaho Trail and Distance Riders (SWIT&DR) is a group of approximately 100 horsemen and horsewomen from southern Idaho and eastern Oregon who enjoy the sport of distance riding. The club, incorporated in 1979, sponsors monthly meetings, a monthly newsletter, and a year-end awards banquet. The newsletter contains articles of interest to trail and distance riders as well as details about upcoming rides. Many meetings feature a guest speaker; past topics have included equine nutrition, horsemanship, and trail preservation. SWIT&DR invites all horse enthusiasts (members and nonmembers alike) to join us at our competitive 25, 50, 75 and 100-mile endurance rides. People and horses new to distance riding can enjoy shorter pleasure rides offered in association with longer competitive events. Rides provide premarked trails, camping areas, emergency veterinary services, and usually a pot luck dinner. The outings are enjoyable for families, groups, or any one who wants to see some of Idaho's majestic scenery.
- 32 Members
- 85 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Not listed in the Groups.io directory.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.