Topics

STXDXCC 200 Minute Challenge Contest, or whatever title it may be called eventually.

Ken Nichols

I visited several local Field Day sites Saturday. Besides the KARS site I also stopped by the AARO, SARC and Medina groups. However, I didn't have enough energy to also visit the Hill Country Club Field Day site today as I had planned.

I took the opportunity to break the ice and mention to some of them that the STXDXCC group was planning an event in a couple of months to invite new hams together and have a learning experience along the lines as it was described at our meeting Thursday night, and in the minutes just posted here. I mentioned that someone would probably be reaching out to let them know more about it, depending on who might also be a member of STXDXCC and that particular group.

I feel we can get some traction and support on this if we finalize it while there's still time to get people interested and planning for it by putting it on their calendar. The groups I mentioned this to were officers in attendance at the AARO and the Medina field day site. Things were a little too chaotic at the other two sites to attempt discussing it without interfering with their Field Day operations.  Those that I spoke to seemed receptive and thought it would be a good idea. They mentioned they are already focusing on enrichment ideas for their new hams.  The KARS site is the only one that I noticed any new hams either operating radios or observing what was going on, and I know personally those new hams would still be receptive for this kind of event.

-Ken KD3VK-

Marty Meyers

Excellent! Thank you for the outreach on this Ken. As you mentioned we need to finalize info on the event and get it out to these clubs. Thank you for discussing this with these clubs during Field Day. I’m pleased to hear that there is some interest!

W5MRM
Helotes, TX