Topics

ROTOR ISSUE

Michael Goins, k5wmg

Installing a new rotor and the brake works, turns CCW and CW, but no meter indication. Any troubleshooting ideas will help. Hygain IV. 

Walter Hock

Is new “bought new or rebuilt new”? 
Also you can find trouble shooting information in the Hygain manual using an ohmmeter. 

Thanks,
Walter

On Aug 2, 2019, at 5:23 PM, Michael Goins, k5wmg <wmgoins@...> wrote:

Installing a new rotor and the brake works, turns CCW and CW, but no meter indication. Any troubleshooting ideas will help. Hygain IV. 

Ken Nichols

If I remember correctly on the hygain rotor it has dedicated wires for the resistor (pot) that indicates position. I would double check the wiring is good at and from both ends. When in doubt pick a different pair and swap them entirely with the pot wire pair. Then does anything work differently?

Ken Nichols
(m)301-717-4571

Michael Goins, k5wmg

Rebuilt new. The only thing not working is the indicator. Hopefully will have my rotor that is coming out for you to rebuild soon so I'll have a backup. Haven't check for 13V between 3 and 7 on the box yet so I guess it could be the fuse. Spent most of the mor8ng rechecking my cable to make sure I hadn't mis-wired anything since I have a disconnect connector in line on it for lightning protection. All that checked out okay. 

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Walter Hock <kk5lo@...> wrote:
Is new “bought new or rebuilt new”? 
Also you can find trouble shooting information in the Hygain manual using an ohmmeter. 

Thanks,
Walter

Michael Goins, k5wmg

The meter circuitry fuse was hard to find a replacement for (1/8 amp fast blow) and finally received some from Mouser. Turns out that was all that was wrong as EVERYTHING else checked out okay. Murphy tried hard but I won in the end.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 5:44 PM Ken Nichols <ken.nichols.kd3vk@...> wrote:
If I remember correctly on the hygain rotor it has dedicated wires for the resistor (pot) that indicates position. I would double check the wiring is good at and from both ends. When in doubt pick a different pair and swap them entirely with the pot wire pair. Then does anything work differently?

Ken Nichols
(m)301-717-4571