From: "Ken Nichols via Groups.Io" <ken.nichols.kd3vk@...>
Date: August 14, 2019 at 10:08:55 AM CDT
To: KARSNEWS@groups.io
Subject: [KARSNEWS] Please invite your clubs

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ruth <ruthlewis@...>
Date: August 14, 2019 at 7:39:25 AM CDT
To: stephen@..., sandpiper986@..., Steve Castle <srcmail911@...>, w5dk@..., kb5rsv@..., ken.nichols.kd3vk@...
Subject: Fwd: Please invite your clubs

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gregory Lewis <gclewis@...>
Date: August 14, 2019 at 6:46:18 AM CDT
Subject: Please invite your clubs

We are trying to make this Antenna shoot out a lot of fun, and the more people who take part in it and bring an antenna, etc the more fun it will be.

Can you please spread the word to your club members?

Also ARES folks, think about quick constructed emergency antennas for out in the field….GREAT time to see if they will work.

SPREAD THE WORD PLEASE.

How would you like to test your skills as an antenna builder, got some weird fun design { winner of most unique a few years ago, was a walker…..He walked up with it, stopped sat down, plugged in the transmitter and ran the test, flat SWR and not bad gain…..worked as well as most of the J-Pole designs}.

Anyway, Antenna shoot out is a lot of fun…….We will be setting up in the front lawn/parking of the Red Cross on Saturday the 7th of September.

It is our hope you will come join us and bring something you design or built.

There will be Awards for

Most Unique
Best Performer {Omni}
Best Performer {Directional}

And by crowd vote, the most popular design.

You can build a 6 meter or 2 meter design, we will be testing those two bands.

LET’S HAVE A LOT OF FUN…..

SPREAD THE WORD OUTSIDE OF THE MAIN CORE HAMster Group, everyone in the Amateur Community is Welcome.

JOIN IN THE FUN.

THE HAMster Antenna Shoot out
8:30 am at the American Red Cross in San Antonio
September 7th 2019

Join us…..Coffee, donuts will be provided.

Note: We would like to get an idea on the number of folks who will submit an antenna for the event…..please let us know.

And again, SPREAD THE WORD.