Topics

STXDXCC 200 Minute Challenge Contest #Contest #LocalEvent

Starr Center

Good day.  Following up on our discussion at the club meeting last night - I went to the City of Bandera Office today to enquire about the use of the City Park.
Their answer was - since we are not reserving a pavillion, then the use of the open field at the west end of the park (the area I had highlighted on the park map for the meeting last night) is available for use on a first come first use basis (no reservations).  They have no problem with us setting up shade canopies with tables and chairs to operate radios.  Also we would be able to use the picnic facilities under the big cypress trees for our BBQ.  September 14 is an acceptable date with them for us to do this event.  There is no rental fee involved.  There is a per person admission fee which will be collected at the entry gate.  It is $5 per person (Vets and Seniors get discounts).
Since the park opens at 8am, then it will behoove us to be there early and setup our gear on a first come basis.  We would need to break it all down and pack it up at the end of the day before closing.
On that basis we can proceed to plan and organize our event to coincide with the TX QSO Party.  As discussed last night we can begin by inquiring about interest in the local clubs to send some new hams to the event as participants.  We will need to establish a head count to finalize plans for the event.
73,
Starr
KI5SC

Starr Center

Another thought came to mind last night as I was driving home from the meeting.  We could also use the club station as another "setup" to accompany the main setup at Bandera City Park.  The purpose being to use the 160M Loop or LPA as a third antenna for the contest event at the park.  It is approximately five miles from the park to the club station.  The Austin Inosonde graph presently seems to be consistent with reflecting a signal from the inosphere from 160M to 30M during the park open times. Out at a distance of 3000 Kilometers the frequency increases to 20M.
Any thoughts on this prospect?
73,
Starr
KI5SC

Lee Besing

Is this club hosting a FD event this weekend?  If yes, could someone email me the details to post on sahams.org?

If no, please ignore.

Thanks

Lee Besing
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

Another thought came to mind last night as I was driving home from the meeting.  We could also use the club station as another "setup" to accompany the main setup at Bandera City Park.  The purpose being to use the 160M Loop or LPA as a third antenna for the contest event at the park.  It is approximately five miles from the park to the club station.  The Austin Inosonde graph presently seems to be consistent with reflecting a signal from the inosphere from 160M to 30M during the park open times. Out at a distance of 3000 Kilometers the frequency increases to 20M.
Any thoughts on this prospect?
73,
Starr
KI5SC

Marty Meyers

Thanks for checking in Lee. The majority of our members are also members with other clubs. We won't hold a specific STXDXCC Field Day this year.

W5MRM
Helotes, TX

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:17 PM Lee Besing <lee@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks.