Topics

STXDXCC Club Picnic - May 4th #SpecialNotice #LocalEvent

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members,

As discussed at the last couple of meetings we will be holding a club picnic in the Bandera area. The club will be providing meat (hamburgers, hotdogs), buns, and condiments. We will ask for club members to bring a side for the group, whatever you would like to drink, and a chair.

Date: May 4th 2019
Time: 11am 
https://www.cityofbandera.org/2161/Park

The location is subject to change but we will keep it in the Bandera area. I will let everyone know if we do end up needing to move it.

Along with the picnic I thought this would be a good opportunity to hold a swap meet. If you have any equipment laying around that you feel would be better served with a new home please bring it along. 

Important: Please let us know if you plan on attending or not, how many in your party, and what you plan to bring for your side dish by posting below.

If you have any questions please ask. I'll provide updates as we have them.

Marty
W5MRM

Ken Nichols

Thanks for the notice Marty,

My wife and I hope to attend and will bring a side sweet/sour carrot salad and hopefully cookies or some other dessert. 
73. -Ken-

Ken Nichols
(m)301-717-4571

On Apr 25, 2019, at 10:08 AM, Marty Meyers <martyrmeyers@...> wrote:

Dear Club Members,

As discussed at the last couple of meetings we will be holding a club picnic in the Bandera area. The club will be providing meat (hamburgers, hotdogs), buns, and condiments. We will ask for club members to bring a side for the group, whatever you would like to drink, and a chair.

The location is subject to change but we will keep it in the Bandera area. I will let everyone know if we do end up needing to move it.

Along with the picnic I thought this would be a good opportunity to hold a swap meet. If you have any equipment laying around that you feel would be better served with a new home please bring it along. 

Important: Please let us know if you plan on attending or not, how many in your party, and what you plan to bring for your side dish by posting below.

Marty
W5MRM

Joe Kohler

Dear Marty,

I regret that I won't be able to attend the May 4th picnic.

Joe
W5QLF

Samuel Jones

Marty,
Ruby and I are planning on attending.

Sam,
N5PHI

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:08 AM Marty Meyers <martyrmeyers@...> wrote:

Dear Club Members,

Marty
W5MRM

jhoskelis

Marty
Karen and I plan to attend. We will bring salad and chips.
Jay
K0BCN

---------- Original Message ----------
To: STXDXCC@groups.io
Subject: [STXDXCC] STXDXCC Club Picnic - May 4th #LocalEvent #SpecialNotice
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:08:24 -0700

Dear Club Members,

Marty
W5MRM

Robert Hejl

I will attend...  Bob  W2IK

In a message dated 4/25/2019 10:08:25 AM Central Standard Time, martyrmeyers@... writes:

Dear Club Members,

Marty
W5MRM

Marty Meyers

A quick update. We have the following list of people signed up to attend so far. Please shoot me a note if you aren't on the list and will attend. I'll likely do the shopping Friday evening so will need a full count by then.

It also looks like we may have some weather this coming week and into the weekend. I'll keep you posted if there is a change of plans.

Ken KD3VK +1  sweet/sour carrot salad

Starr KI5SC Black Bean Venison Chili

Marty W5MRM +2

Jay K0BCN+1 Salad and Chips

Sam N5PHI +1

Bob W2IK

Bob, Judy, and Joe we will miss seeing you there. Hope to see you all soon!

Cray Lester / K5MUG

Marty,  I’ll be attending.  Not sure what I will bring but I’ll follow up by  Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,

Cray / K5MUG

From: STXDXCC@groups.io <STXDXCC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Meyers
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 16:20
Subject: Re: [STXDXCC] STXDXCC Club Picnic - May 4th #LocalEvent #SpecialNotice

A quick update. We have the following list of people signed up to attend so far. Please shoot me a note if you aren't on the list and will attend. I'll likely do the shopping Friday evening so will need a full count by then.

It also looks like we may have some weather this coming week and into the weekend. I'll keep you posted if there is a change of plans.

Marty W5MRM +2

Sam N5PHI +1

Bob W2IK

Edward Ringgold

I will try to make it. Swap meet, yes.  Sometimes parking can be a problem at city park.

Ed N5LVQ 

On Apr 25, 2019, at 16:28, Samuel Jones <n5phitx@...> wrote:

Marty,

Sam,
N5PHI

Dear Club Members,

Marty
W5MRM

Marty Meyers

Sounds good Cray. Will be good to see you!

Marty
W5MRM

On 4/27/2019 5:01:51 PM, Cray Lester <k5mug@...> wrote:

Marty,  I’ll be attending.  Not sure what I will bring but I’ll follow up by  Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,

Cray / K5MUG

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 16:20

Marty W5MRM +2

Sam N5PHI +1

Bob W2IK

Marty Meyers

Sounds good Ed. Hope you and Carolyn can make it!

Marty
W5MRM

On 4/27/2019 6:11:43 PM, Edward Ringgold <n5lvq@...> wrote:

I will try to make it. Swap meet, yes.  Sometimes parking can be a problem at city park.

Ed N5LVQ 

On Apr 25, 2019, at 16:28, Samuel Jones <n5phitx@...> wrote:

Marty,

Sam,
N5PHI

Dear Club Members,

Marty
W5MRM

Cray Lester / K5MUG

Marty,  what's the count now for the club picnic?  Wondering what to plan for.

Thanks,

Cray / K5MUG

Gary Johnson

Add Gary and Arlene to the group.

Gary J
NA3VY

Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 12:55 PM
To: Reply To Group

Marty,  what's the count now for the club picnic?  Wondering what to plan for.

Thanks,

Cray / K5MUG

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members, 

We are currently up to 16 participants. Looks like we will have a good turn out if the weather holds. Start getting your used gear ready if you want to bring it for the swap. 

If you can please fill in with what you plan to bring for the potluck. We want to avoid too much duplication if possible so that the food won't go to waste.

A couple of notes about Bandera City Park:
Entry fees are $5 per person ages 4-64. Seniors (65+), active duty or retired military, police, fire and emergency response personnel are charged a discounted rate of $3 per person, with proof of ID.
Anyone that is a resident of Bandera and has a utility account with the City can get two park passes. I believe you have to get this ahead of time. The Bandera City Park season pass is valid for a car load of no more than 5 people. Each additional person will be charged the usual park fees

Current Attendee List:
Ken KD3VK +1 sweet/sour carrot salad
Marty W5MRM +2
Jay K0BCN +1 Salad and Chips
Sam N5PHI +1
Bob W2IK
Cray K5MUG
Peter K5HAB
Gary NA3VY +1
Ed N5LVQ (tentative)

Cray Lester / K5MUG

Marty, sign me up for:  fresh pickled cucumbers,  and  Carrot cake.

Cray / K5MUG

Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 22:18

Dear Club Members, 

We are currently up to 16 participants. Looks like we will have a good turn out if the weather holds. Start getting your used gear ready if you want to bring it for the swap. 

If you can please fill in with what you plan to bring for the potluck. We want to avoid too much duplication if possible so that the food won't go to waste.

A couple of notes about Bandera City Park:
Entry fees are $5 per person ages 4-64. Seniors (65+), active duty or retired military, police, fire and emergency response personnel are charged a discounted rate of $3 per person, with proof of ID.
Anyone that is a resident of Bandera and has a utility account with the City can get two park passes. I believe you have to get this ahead of time. The Bandera City Park season pass is valid for a car load of no more than 5 people. Each additional person will be charged the usual park fees

Current Attendee List:
Marty W5MRM +2
Sam N5PHI +1
Bob W2IK
Cray K5MUG
Peter K5HAB
Gary NA3VY +1
Ed N5LVQ (tentative)

Jehle

I will bring some Louisiana boudin when I drive back. C U Saturday Buzz N5UR

Marty Meyers

Sounds great Buzz! Thank you and looking forward to seeing you there.

Marty
W5MRM

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 8:19 AM Jehle <buzz@...> wrote:
I will bring some Louisiana boudin when I drive back.  C U Saturday  Buzz N5UR

Brad Peace

Unfortunately, I will be helping set up for Harlan's Senior Prom so I don't have to attend it.  Will miss the boudin.  The best boudin is from Cormier's Country Store in Cankton just outside Lafayette.

Brad 
N5PBP

Michael Goins, k5wmg

Not going to make it. Full house here this weekend even with the rain.

Mike, k5wmg

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 8:09 PM Brad Peace <peacehelotes@...> wrote:
Unfortunately, I will be helping set up for Harlan's Senior Prom so I don't have to attend it.  Will miss the boudin.  The best boudin is from Cormier's Country Store in Cankton just outside Lafayette.

Brad 
N5PBP

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members,

Here is an update on the food list and attendees:

Current Attendee List:
Marty W5MRM +2 Chicken Salad and a dessert
Sam N5PHI +1
Bob W2IK