Topics

Comments on FCC Rule Making Petitions RM-11828 and RM-11829 #SpecialNotice

Starr Center

All, at our recent meeting there was discussion about the FCC seeking comments on two proposed rule making petitions filed by the ARRL.  Specifically RM-11828 Technician Enhancement Proposal and RM-11829 Creating the TYRO License Class.  Both of these were addressed in recent ARRL emails on March 14th and 15th.  There is a 30 day comment period, presumably from the date of these two emails.  So the time for comments is drawing to a close in early April.  There are multiple facets / issues with both of these petitions.  There is also the considerable amount of money expended and proposed to be expended by the ARRL in promoting these initiatives.  Please read what has been published by the ARRL in their email letters and also what has been officially enacted at their Board Meetings.  All of this available on the ARRL website for members.  Attached herewith is the ARRL email about how to comment electronically on FCC Proceedings.  After reading the information please consider filing comments with the FCC.  Also, please consider sending the ARRL your comments on what they are proposing and the cost of what they are proposing.  Additionally, please make use of our groups.io page for comments within the club.  Please be prepared to discuss further at the next club meeting.  We as a club can also send the ARRL a response on these issues.
73, Respectfully, Starr

Starr Center

All,  Some food for thought in one Hams response to the FCC.
Please read and consider this response.  By no means is this response considered the last word or the only word.  KB6NU's Ham Radio blog site offers more comments to consider.  Take a look.
73,
Starr

Gary Johnson

I agree with the writer in the basics of what he has said.  However if I were the FCC I would make a temporary grant of a small amount of either 17 or 20m to replace the largely unusable Tech bandwidth on 10m.  Just enough to wet the appetite and incentivize General class.  I would remove the bandwidth increase as soon as conditions change to allow routine use of the Tech section of 10m.

73,

Gary Johnson
NA3VY