Topics

Important information about the holiday dinner and end of year activities #LocalEvent

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members, 

Our annual Christmas dinner is just around the corner and I need a little help. 

1. We need nominations for our annual W5JBO John B. Orton Memorial Operator of the Year award. Each year we present this award to one of our club members for excellence in operation, mentoring / elmering, community involvement, and anything else related to our hobby. Please take a moment to nominate one of your fellow club members. I just need a name / call sign and a couple of sentences as to why you think they are deserving of the award. Please send submissions to info@....

2. We need volunteers for officer positions. To keep the club running and keep it interesting for current and new members we must have officers to handle the duties. Many of our officers have served for many years and we need some fresh faces and new ideas. We have added several new members in the last couple of years and I would like to see us continue this trend. Current nominations are as follows:

President: Starr KI5SC
Vice President: Open
Treasurer: Buzz N5UR
Secretary: Open

I am open to filling one of the currently open positions but I would really love to see some other members step up and volunteer for at least one term. You can make a difference and your fellow club members need you! Nominations can be sent to info@....

We currently have 21 people RSVPd for the holiday dinner. It looks like we will have a great turnout this year! It's not too late to join in the fun. If you would like you can let me know your coming or just drop by. No reservation is required.

Location:The Lion and Rose British Restaurant and Pub (The Rim)
Address: 17627 La Cantera Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78257
Date: Tuesday, December 11th
Time: 7pm - 9pm Local Time

Marty
W5MRM

Marty Meyers

Dear club members,

We are coming down to the wire. Only one day left to submit nominations for the W5JBO John B. Orton Memorial Operator of the Year award.

Please take a moment to nominate a fellow club member. All you have to do is drop me an email at info@... with a name/callsign and a sentence or two as to why you think they should be presented the award.

Thanks! and I'm looking forward to seeing you all Tuesday night!

Marty
W5MRM