Topics

Summary of area club plans for FD18 #LocalEvent

Starr Center

Edited

Following is a summary of local area clubs Field Day 2018 plans:
SARC - Setting up at Shavano Park City Hall starting Friday at 3pm.  Operating for 24hrs starting 1pm Saturday.  Having a BBQ catered by Grady's  6pm Saturday.
KARS - See website at KB5TX.org for directions to and schedule of activity.
HCARC - At Our lady of the Hills Sports Complex off HWY 27 just past the airport if traveling North toward Kerrville.  Take exit 524 off I-10.  Operating 24hrs.  Shrimp Boil at 6pm Sat.
ROOST - Operating from the Clubhouse as usual
MCARC - Setting up at Castroville City Park.  Running 24hrs
AARO - Setting up at American Legion Post 300 at 3290 Grosenbacher Rd, just past the Bullet Hole.  Running 24hrs starting at Noon on Sat.  Planning to run 15 stations.
For additional information see the individual club websites.

Marty Meyers

Thank you for putting this together Starr. I think this will be a great resource for those looking to spend some time at a few different Field Day events.

One thing that I think might be different than stated. I believe the SARC BBQ is actually on-site at the Shavano Park City Hall Field Day location. Can someone from SARC confirm?

Thanks!

Marty
W5MRM

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:23 PM Starr Center <starr.center@...> wrote:
Following is a summary of local area clubs Field Day 2018 plans:
SARC - Setting up at Shavano Park City Hall starting Friday at 3pm.  Operating for 24hrs starting 9am Saturday.  Having a BBQ at Grady's on Nacoma 6pm Saturday.
KARS - See website at KB5TX.org for directions to and schedule of activity.
HCARC - At Our lady of the Hills Sports Complex off HWY 27 just past the airport if traveling North toward Kerrville.  Take exit 254 off I-10.  Operating 24hrs.  Shrimp Boil at 6pm Sat.
ROOST - Operating from the Clubhouse as usual
MCARC - Setting up at Castroville City Park.  Running 24hrs
AARO - Setting up at American Legion Post 300 at 3290 Grosenbacher Rd, just past the Bullet Hole.  Running 24hrs starting at Noon on Sat.  Planning to run 15 stations.
For additional information see the individual club websites.

Tom O'Brien

I think Marty is correct.  BBQ from Grady's will be served at the Shavano Park site.

[...]

Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas

Starr Center

My bad.  I misheard the info.  I have edited the summary and re-issued.  Thank you for the clarification. Starr

Marty Meyers

Thank you Starr! Looks good!

Gary Johnson

exit 524 not 256.

734,

Gary J
N5BAA/AE

Following is a summary of local area clubs Field Day 2018 plans:
SARC - Setting up at Shavano Park City Hall starting Friday at 3pm.  Operating for 24hrs starting 1pm Saturday.  Having a BBQ catered by Grady's  6pm Saturday.
KARS - See website at KB5TX.org for directions to and schedule of activity.
HCARC - At Our lady of the Hills Sports Complex off HWY 27 just past the airport if traveling North toward Kerrville.  Take exit 254 off I-10.  Operating 24hrs.  Shrimp Boil at 6pm Sat.
ROOST - Operating from the Clubhouse as usual
MCARC - Setting up at Castroville City Park.  Running 24hrs
AARO - Setting up at American Legion Post 300 at 3290 Grosenbacher Rd, just past the Bullet Hole.  Running 24hrs starting at Noon on Sat.  Planning to run 15 stations.
For additional information see the individual club websites.

Starr Center

Please excuse my fat fingered typing.  The Comfort Exit off I-10 is #524 for the HCARC Field Day Event.  Thank you for the clarification.  Starr