STXDXCC W5JBO John B. Orton Memorial Operator of the Year Award 2019

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members,

At the Holiday Party we announced this years winner of the STXDXCC W5JBO John B. Orton Memorial Operator of the Year Award 2019. Peter N5YJ is the recipient of the award this year. He wasn't able to attend the holiday party so we will officially present the award at the January meeting.

Congratulations Peter!

Peter N5YJ was awarded the STXDXCC W5JBO Memorial Operator of the Year award. Peter has done a lot of for the amateur radio community this past year. Among his many contributions, here are a few:

·      Volunteering to help all amateurs of the the ARRL South Texas Section as The South Texas Section Technical Coordinator

·      Teaching amateurs about RFI and how to resolve issues with RFI

o   Including giving presentations to clubs such as the STXDXCC

·      Involvement in helping the community of Medina, TX with their own Ham Radio Club

o   Helping members to become licensed amateurs

o   Helping members with technical support

·      Participating and providing useful information and commentary to the members of the STXDXCC at monthly club meetings